new toilet pan connector

I am refitting my bathroom and am trying to change the toilet. I have bought a new pan connector but thr plastic fins will not fit in the old metal stench pipe. The old pipe is just under 4" in diameter and the other end will not go in what so ever! The old connector appears to have an adapter to make it smaller, is this what i need. It also was siliconed in place. Have i just answered my own question!

Thanks in advance

Reply to
Tiger Zero

Possibly, but I'm al farid that I did not understand your question. Will you expand on it?

Reply to
Chris Bacon

Sorry, its been a long day! Basically I have a modern toilet with a new pan connector (with a standard fin fitting to insert into the soil pipe), but it is too big to fit into the old (1930's) cast iron soil pipe. Do i just purchase an adapter to go between the two? If so are they easily available? Hope this explains it?

Reply to
Tiger Zero

Better to avoid having to rely on silocone if you can. It sounds like you just need a connector with a smaller outlet. Most commonly avialable ones are designed for 110mm soil pipe, however you can get various sizes:

Product code: WC-CON5B foe example -

John Rumm

I don't understand this: just under 4" means what? I have inserted a waste pipe adapter into 4" pipes with ease before now, so unless it's a lot under

4" I don't see the problem. We are talking about an adapter with a finned rubber seal at the soil pipe end, aren't we?

Andy.

Reply to
Andy

Some 1930's soil pipes are 3 1/2" bore. If you go to a decent plumbers merchants they will have the right Multikwik adapter.

Reply to
Tony Bryer