new tap lower pressure

replaced kitchen sink tap which splashed everywhere with aldi bargain? now the pressure is really low. adjuster valves on inlet hoses are fully open.

the leaflet has a diagram showing three settings, I think [not text] for something to do with ram - +. although this must be inside the tap as I didn't see anything to do with ram adjustment when fitting the tap could this ram have something to do wilth the low pressure?

any expert plumbers out there or have they all gone to Australia

bob

Reply to
bcarberry

If this is one of the mixer taps with a hose extension, then expect low pressure as the hose is just a shower type hose and quite small diameter - in electronic terms, it has 'high insertion' loss. Mine copes with the cold water mains pressure OK but I'm getting a hard time from HID on the hot water pressure - fortunately it was her that demanded such a tap! The instructions do say a minimum of 1 bar if I remember rightly (or it may have been 1.5). I'm going to fit a 2 bar pump.

Rob

Reply to
robgraham

I used to have a mixer hose type tap which didn't have enough diameter to allow sufficient flow on the HW to trigger the combi boiler into kicking in. Each time we needed hot we had to turn on the kitchen tap, then go to the sink in the utility and run that to kick the combi into gear. Once it was going there was sufficient flow to keep it up.

Now we've got a new tap, and we avoided any which required particularly high pressures to avoid precisely the problem of lower pressure which the OP seems to be exhibiting. Mind you, a low pressure cold water is sometimes a god-send; depending on the sink design, I've often ended up with a very wet patch on my trousers when the cold water floods out of some people's taps!

Matt

Reply to
matthew.larkin

On Mon, 20 Aug 2007 07:41:59 -0700 someone who may be snipped-for-privacy@blueyonder.co.uk wrote this:-

It should say on the box and any instructions what pressure it is designed for.

If the problem is with the hot water then I would suspect you have a gravity fed hot supply. These are ideal in many ways, but will not work well with most such taps.

Reply to
David Hansen