New style LED Light Bulb

(eyes collection of LED torches) I would have killed for such an assortment of cheap reliable portable lighting 30 years ago.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

We do have low energy lights in the toilet, but not really for energy saving reasons. CFLs give enough light straight away to be useful, but warm up slowly, so avoiding dazzling you if you go for a pee during the night.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

The only place that I now have a CFL Is in a bedside light which is on a timer. In winter it provides a wake up call by gradually increasing in intensity as CFLs do. It thus replicates a stupidly expensive alarm clock I once saw but it cost all of a fiver.

Reply to
Steve Firth

I thought a typical GU10 50W halogen was in the 500-560 lumens range? In which case the quoted LED one is getting close.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW

Yes, we have that too. All three were fine without lights at night until last October. We stayed in a house in Ireland (that we've stayed in before) and two of the three wanted a light on at night, being in a "strange" house. Since coming back, the youngest has woken up crying each night, unless the hall and landing light are left on and his bedroom door left open. I really should get around to getting him a proper night light.

SteveW

Reply to
SteveW