New Series : Great British Woodshop

New series just started on Discovery H&L, Great British Woodshop.
An absolute dead-ringer for New Yankee Workshop, right down to the sliding door into the workshop. David Free, the presenter seems to be a doing a good job, presenting well and making nice bits of furniture. Thankfully, there's none of the really annoying jingles-over-action shots that drive me nuts every two minutes as used on many other H&L productions. Just Dave describing his work and the sound of expensive timber being chompped to dust.
Broadcast schedule appears to be :- Wednesdays, 3 episodes, 22:00 - 23:30 Repeated the following Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday at 14:00 (one per day).
There was also listed a repeat block at 4:00-5:30 Thursday, but having set the video to capture this last night I've only got what I think is Sun, Sea & Scaffolding repeats.
--
Steve

ggs.freeserve.co.unitedkingdom> writes

And also "stacked dado cutters" being used when a router would be a better tool to use?
--
< Paul >

But does he cut 'rabbits'?
--
Chris French, Leeds

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 08:04:18 +0000, chris French

I discovered that 'rabbet' was the original English word, and 'rebate' is a derivation, so paradoxically, for once the New World has something right.
Of course, if you want to refer to 'Fulffy' as a rebate, I suppose you could......
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Ahh, I didn't know about that one. I've heard that 'fall' (as in Autumn) was a common English word at the time, we lost it and they kept it.
I wonder what other s there are.

sorry, that one misses me...
--
Chris French, Leeds

On Fri, 9 Jan 2004 23:17:27 +0000, chris French

Typo. Should have read Fluffy........ (as in rabbit)
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Somewhere I read that Brits in the 17th century were supposed to have had accents much more similar to 20th century American than British. Have no idea what the truth is in that or what the evidence was (a hitherto-undiscovered cache of 78s from the Mayflower mebbe?)
David

Yeah, as they'd have used all their CDs as bird scarers
--
geoff

No stacked dado cutters so far, I doubt he will anyway. Plenty of router action and Trend jigs much in evidence.
--
Steve

The guy sounds a bit Orstrylian to me.
ZD