New Series : Great British Woodshop

New series just started on Discovery H&L, Great British Woodshop.

An absolute dead-ringer for New Yankee Workshop, right down to the sliding door into the workshop. David Free, the presenter seems to be a doing a good job, presenting well and making nice bits of furniture. Thankfully, there's none of the really annoying jingles-over-action shots that drive me nuts every two minutes as used on many other H&L productions. Just Dave describing his work and the sound of expensive timber being chompped to dust.

Broadcast schedule appears to be :- Wednesdays, 3 episodes, 22:00 - 23:30 Repeated the following Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday at 14:00 (one per day).

There was also listed a repeat block at 4:00-5:30 Thursday, but having set the video to capture this last night I've only got what I think is Sun, Sea & Scaffolding repeats.

Reply to
Steven Briggs

In article , Steven Briggs writes

And also "stacked dado cutters" being used when a router would be a better tool to use?

Reply to
Paul C. Dickie

In message , Paul C. Dickie writes

But does he cut 'rabbits'?

Reply to
chris French

I discovered that 'rabbet' was the original English word, and 'rebate' is a derivation, so paradoxically, for once the New World has something right.

Of course, if you want to refer to 'Fulffy' as a rebate, I suppose you could......

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

In message , Paul C. Dickie writes

No stacked dado cutters so far, I doubt he will anyway. Plenty of router action and Trend jigs much in evidence.

Reply to
Steven Briggs

The guy sounds a bit Orstrylian to me.

ZD

Reply to
Zipadee Doodar

In message , Andy Hall writes

Ahh, I didn't know about that one. I've heard that 'fall' (as in Autumn) was a common English word at the time, we lost it and they kept it.

I wonder what other s there are.

sorry, that one misses me...

Reply to
chris French

Typo. Should have read Fluffy........ (as in rabbit)

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Somewhere I read that Brits in the 17th century were supposed to have had accents much more similar to 20th century American than British. Have no idea what the truth is in that or what the evidence was (a hitherto-undiscovered cache of 78s from the Mayflower mebbe?)

David

Reply to
Lobster

In message , Lobster writes

Yeah, as they'd have used all their CDs as bird scarers

Reply to
geoff