New roof prices!

Hi,

Does anyone have any idea how much it costs to get a new roof on a terraced house? I know it's a bit vague but a rough idea would be appreciated!

Cheers,

Amy x

Reply to
amy

In article , amy writes

To make it less "vague" could you give a better indication as to where you live as area is very dependant on labour costs. What the roof is made of slate, or tiles and appx how big?...

Reply to
tony sayer

We got a slate one a couple of years back for about £1300 That was a complete reslate, and fitting underfelt and included labour/materials.

I was a typical 2 up 2 down in East Lancs.

Random

Why don't you just ask a few reputable builders for quotes? Yellow Pages works wonders. To answer your question though - I'd earmark £2000 to £4000!

Reply to
Paul King

Hi,

The house is in Derby, it's a semi detached terraced style house, with slate tiles at the moment. I imagine that it's needs a total overhaul of the roof, not just a few tiles replacing, so a more 'over-estimated' price would probably be more realistic I think.

Amy x

Reply to
amy

In message , Paul King wrote

Rouge Traders and such like programs have shown that many people who advertise in Yellow Pages are the kind of people that would charge you £500 for changing a tap washer.

Reply to
Alan

Try and keep the slate if you can (2nd hand slates are plentiful for replacements). If you find the right roofer, it costs about the same as new concrete tiles. Our road is nearly all Redland 49ers and they don't half look naff compared to original slate.

Reply to
stuart noble

I believe changing from slate to concrete can cause problems due to the additional weight.

Reply to
John

Rouge Traders? Do they turn up in make up then? ;)

PoP

Reply to
PoP

Around 2500 here (Reading). Artificial slate. Natural is more.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle