new power shower

Iam just about to install a new power shower at home I understand how it has to be done and most of the leg work I have done already ( new piping to shower from pump) but I understand that I have to take a separate feed from the cold water tank is this just a case of drilling the correct size hole and putting a flange e thing on it (sorry don't know the correct word). any help appreciated

-- Yours Jason

snipped-for-privacy@btinternet.com YAC voicemail and Fax 07092 020326

Reply to
Jason

Tank connector. Yes.

Christian.

P.S. My previous system worked fine, which was a single impellor pump on the hot side only, using cold mains pressure. Depending on your existing pipework, this solution might be more or less trouble than what you propose.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

I should mention that the outlet for the cold should be slightly lower than the outlet for the hot water cylinder. This way, the hot water runs out before the cold, which your epidermis will thank you for.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

Yes, but since the connection is very close to the bottom of the tank, it would be wise to drain the tank first!

Ideally, the cold feed should be taken at a *lower* level than that of the existing cold feed to the hot tank. This ensures that if you empty the header while showering, the hot water gives up before the cold. If it were the other way round, you may get scalded.

Incidentally, the flange thing to which you require is called a Tank Connector. If you have a Screwfix catalogue, have a look at D18109 (15mm) or D17810 (22mm).

Reply to
Set Square

In article , Set Square writes

One thing which got me when doing this: You need 2 polythene washers when fitting the tank connector. For some reason these have to be purchased separately.

Reply to
Tim Mitchell

Thanks everyone for your advise I have found the tank connector in the screwfix catalogue, and will bear in mind the extra washers, "wonder why the original post didn't show up - oh well"