New patio and DPC.

I'm currently getting quotes in for a new patio, and there seems to be some varying opinions regarding the minimum height between the patio and the DPC. I'd always assumed it must be roughly 2 bricks or 6", but I'm being told by some that you can get away with less for older buildings and more for newer buildings. Is this total B*****ks?

Peter

Reply to
Harry

On Thu, 14 Oct 2004 20:40:29 +0000 (UTC), a particular chimpanzee named Harry randomly hit the keyboard and produced:

Pretty much. The requirement is for at least 150mm (6" in old money), but where it isn't, you shouldn't make the situation any worse. There are options where the existing ground is less than 150mm below DPC (such as a strip of gravel around the building), but these should only be used to improve matters, not get around a worsening of the situation.

Reply to
Hugo Nebula