New North Leeds Screwfix?

Just been on the phone to the Screwfix call centre and the guy I was speaking to mentioned a new north Leeds branch opening tomorrow. Anyone heard anything about it? Can't find any mention online apart from a staff recruitment ad.

The upside is it would be handier for me than the grim branch in south Leeds; the downside is it would mean going to Seacroft which is where Snake Plissken was planning to Escape from after New York and L.A.

Reply to
mike

All I can find is references to a new store in Seacroft and LS18 which is more Horsforth so I can't imagine where exactly it is.

Reply to
Murmansk

I drove through Seacroft once in about 1988.

My first and last thought before leaving was "I would not park my car here".

Reply to
Tim Watts

Reply to
Andy Burns

Errr we've moved on a bit since 1988, but if you don't like it then don't suck it.

Reply to
Bob H

I know that there is a new Fire Station being built just off the ring road at Seacroft, I passed it yesterday.

Reply to
Bob H

:->

I think they must have offloaded something to Croydon then - that's gone from mildly scummy with good shops to dangerous shithole in a similar timeframe!

Reply to
Tim Watts

And today their store locator recognises it

Reply to
Andy Burns

That's quite a reasonable area by the York Road.

What would be really good is if Toolstation took over the shuttered Homebase on Roundhay Road. Or better still a Wickes with a Toolstation.

Reply to
mike

Really? I've been going to Croydon for work a few times a year for the past 12 years or so, and my impression is that it's got better. Maybe I don't go to the bad bits, but I don't worry too hard about wandering around at night.

Reply to
Clive George

I have a Screwfix with a Greggs. Mmmmmmmm. And a Yessssssssss electrical but haven't been in there yet.

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

/>

That's quite a reasonable area by the York Road.

What would be really good is if Toolstation took over the shuttered Homebase on Roundhay Road. Or better still a Wickes with a Toolstation/q

Toolsatan is only 4.6 miles away....

Jim K

Reply to
JimK

That's a huge separation for Screwfix/Toolstation. They are frequently in sight of each other or within a few hundred yards.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Yup, in Huntingdon they are opposite, and in Cambridge on the same little industrial estate.

And 5 miles (and was that road or as the crow flies), can be a tedious distance in urban areas (something I notice much more since moving out of a city into a village)

Reply to
Chris French

/That's a huge separation for Screwfix/Toolstation. They are frequently in sight of each other or within a few hundred yards.

Reply to
JimK

here they face each other across the river!

Reply to
charles

handy if you've got a dinghy!

Jim K