new life at comp.misc

If you weren't already aware, a bunch of people who usually read slashdot.org got frustrated and went back to Usenet, partly because of the new slashdot beta interface Dice Media is imposing, partly because we all suddenly remembered how much we love Usenet.

We all landed at comp.misc. If you love Usenet and want to contribute to a community of people posting and commenting on tech stories, please come join us.

A bit off topic, but I figure there are a fair number of techies here who may be interested in the conversation.

Reply to
RS Wood

In article , RS Wood writes

Thanks for the heads-up.

Reply to
fred

Nice to hear people are waking up the benefits of Usenet! Good luck with the new group. I for one have made a note of it.

Reply to
Cursitor Doom

+1.

I used it many years ago...probably in the eighties!

Reply to
Bob Eager

+2

YMYA.

Reply to
Huge

:-)

For the avoidance of doubt, I was referring to comp.misc. I think my first Usenet post was around 1983.

Reply to
Bob Eager