New LED house light bulbs

Not cheap but if they're good they may be worth it. Do they actually last as long as claimed and do they not "dim" quickly over time?

Reply to
Mark

Not our experience. We seem to have ended up with a number here that are slow lighters, although once hot, they are as bright as they should be. But I'm gonna replace them anyway.

Reply to
Tim Streater

Just seen for sale light bulbs for the house, each one consisting of 15 of those LEDs. They are going for about £6 each and are rated at 2500 hours lifespan.

Anyone any experience of these....advantages and disadvantages?

yes sorry it was 25,000 hours not 2,500 and they are from Lidl. see:

john eastwood

previously. It works. All the LEDs still work, though it doesn't get much use, less than an hour/day.

Colour temp is slightly cold compared to tungsten but not that horrible "icy blue" of some LEDs. Output I'd say is comparable with a

40W tungsten R60 reflector. Spread isn't bad, maybe 2' across at 3' to 4' and is even. The drop off from the the evenly illumated patch is much more rapid than that from a tungsten bulb.
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

Got two of those recently. One is excellent(Larger screw type), the other one (MES)gives spots of light of one colour and the rest slightly different. Makes paper appear to be stained. One I got from HK gives excellent light, a pity about the RF interference it generates, I can't use it for that reason, but will try a capacitor across it when tuits occurr.

Reply to
<me9

I've had something similar in my fake gaslamp outside for several years. They are rated at 12 volts DC and I ran them off a car battery. But I had a charger on the battery so the voltage was a bit high and some of the LEDs got a bit dim after a few weeks. I've put a resistance in series to bring the voltage down. At only 3 watts there is not a great deal of light.

Reply to
Matty F

Philips also do a line that claims to light very fast. I saw them at Saino's last week, so they cannot be that hard to check out. Saino's prices on lamps are not great, by the way.

HTH, Kostas

Reply to
Kostas Kavoussanakis