New LCD television how reliable

Do you have a mortgage ?

If so, it is prolly a condition of the mortgage

If not, your call

Reply to
geoff

In message , J G Miller writes

They say it never rains there

I've often heard that kind of talk before

Reply to
geoff

I've never tried that. If the spirits are strong enough the "spin cycle" would be the world as seen through the eyes of the drinker after a suitable quantity.

Reply to
Peter Duncanson

While I do, I'd still rather lay off a couple of hundred a year than have the potential need to spend it on replacing such a high value item

Reply to
geoff

Brings to mind that tornado in Handsworth in Brum a couple of years ago, or the one in N London where the roofs were peeled off a whole row of houses

Not important - until it happens to you

Reply to
geoff

But I do like this new word mash-shine that you have just coined

Reply to
geoff

It doesn't rain for perhaps 8 months of the year.

Reply to
Tim Streater

In message , r.bartlett writes

Me

I'm more concerned with what's on the TV (i.e. my brain is following the story being presented) than what may or may not be a marginally better picture (or not)

I find that excessive audio / videophiles tend to be either very rich or very sad

which are you?

Reply to
geoff

Buildings insurance I have (it *is* a condition of the mortgage)

Contents insurance, haven't had that since about 1988.

Reply to
Andy Burns

Unless it is located on the North Yorkshire coast (Scarborough area)

Reply to
J G Miller

In message , Tim Streater writes

Then it pours, man it pours

Oh dear, do I have to post the lyrics ?

geoff

But houses oop north, especially on cliff tops only cost 6d

everyone knows that

Reply to
geoff

On Saturday, July 31st, 2010 at 00:38:29h +0100, Geoff declared:

As opposed to the ones on Devon clifftops costing GBP 150 000?

Reply to
J G Miller

On Friday, July 30th, 2010 at 23:56:04h +0100, Geoff declared:

Unless there is a colony of gray squirrels in the neighborhood.

Reply to
J G Miller

In message , J G Miller writes

Makes you realise that Dennis is a brand name, not just a fool

Reply to
geoff

In message , J G Miller writes

I think you have your attributes mixed up there but, no matter

a house is an expensive item to replace

Reply to
geoff

Costco are wholesalers. In the UK that means they cannot legally sell to the 'riff-raff' (your term - which seems to include yourself). They can only legally sell to retailers, businesses, professionals and institutions.

Reply to
Michaelangelo

I don't mond that, it's the fact that there are so few branches and they are all in out-of-the-way places that puts me off. I've seen on at Trafford Park near to the giant Asda which I suppose is convenient for some, but the others I've seen are in places line Avonmouth (why? the place is a dump) and the nearest to me is 35 miles away as the crow files (1h15m by car) and 56 miles by dual cariageway/motorway (59 minutes). That's a lot of fuel to go shopping.

Are they actually any better on price/service than the likes of Makro/Bookers? I've never found either of those to quibble about returns.

Reply to
Steve Firth

It was a cold call, I was in the middle of my lunch and it irritated me. =20

--=20 Alan White Mozilla Firefox and Forte Agent. Twenty-eight miles NW of Glasgow, overlooking Lochs Long and Goil in = Argyll, Scotland. Webcam and weather:-

Alan Whit

If it's something electronic, about £200.

Reply to
Norman Wells