New kitchen unit doors.....?

Please can someone help. When you buy kitchen unit doors from such places as B&Q, Focus etc., are the doors pre-drilled ready to take the hinges or do I have to by the tools and marking gauge and drill them myself. Many thanks

-- troubleinstore

mail can be sent via website. Email address in posting is ficticious and is intended as spam trap

View my items on eBay:-

troubleinstore

All the ones I`ve seen in the sheds are pre-drilled. (the plain pine unfinished ones in any case) The last time I replaced some doors, I needed to reposition the hinges on the cabinet itself which was more of a pain to get accurate than to drill a new door recess would have been.

Will

Reply to
gribblechips

B&Q ones are undrilled.

No need to buy their gauge, though.

Just make a simple jig with a piece of ply and a couple of small pieces of wood fixed to it at 90 degrees.

Place the jig on the corner of the first door and drill where you want the handle hole. Move the jig to subsequent doors and use the same jig hole to locate the drill

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

In article , Andy Hall writes

the HANDLE holes are undrilled, but he was asking about hinges. The hinge recesses are pre-drilled.

Reply to
Tim Mitchell

Undrilled for handles. Drilled for hinges.

Reply to
John Armstrong

Hi Andy, I was refering to the hinges mate. I checked on the handle holes when I was there a few weeks ago but forgot to ask about the hinges and there is no where on the their website to ask questions only to compliment them on their brilliant website ;-(

-- troubleinstore

mail can be sent via website. Email address in posting is ficticious and is intended as spam trap

View my items on eBay:-

troubleinstore

We recently bought a bunch of their oak-effect shaker doors, and they were all pre-drilled for hinges (but not knobs).

Reply to
Grunff

The others are right of course - I'm sorry. Fortunately the hinges holes are predrilled.

B&Q's carcasses come with the hinges, so if you buy carcasses and doors you have everything bar hinges.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Yes you're right - I misread knobs for hinges.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall

Many thanks to everyone who responded to my plea for help. I can now set to and work out just what I need for the kitchen.

-- troubleinstore

mail can be sent via website. Email address in posting is ficticious and is intended as spam trap

View my items on eBay:-

troubleinstore

Ikea ones are drilled.

id=yorkie_8&sort=2&rows=25&since=-1&rd=1

Reply to
Brett Jackson

Except the handle holes...