New heating Regs?

I've just heard that from April next year there will be new regulations in force where the house will need to be "Pressure Tested" to comply with new insulation requirements.

Any body know of an on-line source for these regs?

I've also heard that there is nobody set up to do these tests yet. Typical...

Rick... (The other Rick)

Reply to
Rick

| I've just heard that from April next year there will be new regulations in force where the house | will need to be "Pressure Tested" to comply with new insulation requirements. | | Any body know of an on-line source for these regs? | | I've also heard that there is nobody set up to do these tests yet. Typical...

The fake email addy Rick, , says it all

Good joke though.

Reply to
Dave Fawthrop

force where the house

Fit a tyre valve through a hole in the door and get Two Jags to inflate the house using a foot pump. Apply soapy water to various points on the house to detect leaks, rectify and repeat inflation procedure until Two Jags either changes his mind or dies. :-)

Reply to
Matt

force where the house

Rob Morley

force where the house

Presumably you'd need a pretty powerful compressor to inflate a whole house quickly. This is going to create a lot of noise in the neighbourhood and also the risk of flying bricks/glass/concrete etc if the pressure testing personnel are incompetent.

Mr F.

Reply to
Mr Fizzion

It's in the new Part L Approved Document that comes into force 6th April

2006. See paras 54ff. Download link on
(L1a AD)

See

. There are just a handful of firms that currently do this. Of course the requirement for testing will probably encourage more entrants.

There is an underlying serious issue here in that as you make U-value requirements tighter and tighter ventilation losses become far more significant. Thus the motto "build tight, ventilate right".

Reply to
Tony Bryer

force where the house

No it's not a joke this stuff is coming down the line. The latest Gas Installer made mention of it, not a magazine that usually runs spoof articles even for the April issue.

Reply to
Ed Sirett

in force where the house

Lord Hall, your Little Middle England tendencies are still there. Please get therapy.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

force where the house

Rick... (The other Rick)

Reply to
Rick

force where the house

"You're only s'posed to blow the bloody doors off" ;-)

There certainly are companies which do pressure testing in commercial environments. It's required whereever you have a halon, FM200, etc fire extinguishing gas discharge system.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel