New Electric Cooker

What's the deal with getting this fitted? Can I do it myself or do the new laws mean I have to pay ?60 for a bloke to connect a wire??

TIA

Reply to
'Nel'

Only you can know if *you* can do this. Often when people ask this sort of question it means they'd be best using a pro.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I'm actually quite a competant DIY'er and have done many electrical projects that your average bloke might baulk at. It's just that I wasn't 100% sure what this new legislation covered.

Reply to
'Nel'

If you have a suitable connection point then you can fit it. If you had to wire a whole new circuit for it first, then you can still fit it, but it would in theory require you to submit a building notice first and jump through whatever hoops your local authority has invented.

Reply to
John Rumm

Ah. Just do what most do - ignore it. Even if it were covered by this stupid law - which IIRC as a replacement it's not - who would know if you did do the work yourself? And you obviously feel competent to do it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)