New Dyson DC07 "extension tube" very stuck

Hi,
I have just supported the export of British (Welsh ?) jobs to a low-wage economy by buying a Dyson DC07. The on the positive side, the DC07 seems to suck up a fearsome amount of grime.
Now, the "extension pipe" that normally "lives" inside the flexible hose, seems extremely stiff and reluctant to be "drawn" from the hose. I am concerned that a few strong tugs on the flexible hose to pull out the pipe will result in a torn hose. Is there a "trick" to sliding the pipe from the hose? I don't mean completely detaching the pipe, I can see the little yellow retaining catch for that, I mean drawing the pipe from hose in the first place so it can be used with the hand tools. Is this "friction" cured using a dab of grease or WD40?
Thanks
Clive
On 15 Dec 2003 01:51:45 -0800, clive snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Clive Long,UK) wrote:

We've got the same problem so I'm thinking about investing in some silicon spray....
-- cheers,
witchy/binarydinosaurs
Witchy wrote:

Mine doesn't seem to suffer with this, but I have a feeling it might have done when new. Check the hose is seating properly at the base of the hoover (when the pipe's pushed in and home the end lives down there somewhere) - and to avoid tearing the hose, I assume you ARE actually grasping the plastic collar that fits around the metal pipe and pulling the pipe from that, rather than just pulling the pipe and expecting it to slide down the pipe by itself?
VElvet

Herein lies the problem for me
In order for the "handle" part to engage with the catch on top of the yellow cyclone bit (visualising this ??) the plastic collar at the top end of the flexible hose needs to be pushed right inside handle part. There is nothing to "pull" to extract the pipe, apart from the flexible hose itself - hence putting the hose under strain. I'll WD40 the blighter
Thanks
Clive
On 15 Dec 2003 12:31:45 -0800, clive snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (Clive Long,UK) wrote:

^^^^^ wot he said. I don't know if it'll free itself up in use though, never had this problem with the DC01 but then again the hose on that one wasn't designed to be demountable. -- cheers,
witchy/binarydinosaurs