New doors for kitchen units

We've decided to decorate the kitchen. The wall and base cupboards are a Magnet design (Minster, possibly) and date back 20-odd years. I was quite prepared to replace the door and drawer fronts with some off-the-shelf B&Q ones but, on measuring up, I find they are not the same size. Mine are all 'standard' widths, i.e. 297mm & 497mm but the heights of the drawers and doors are 597mm (for the wall cabinets), and 180mm and 195mm for the drawers.

Is it likely I'll have to have them custom-made?

Can anybody recommend a reputable company that charge reasonable prices. I'm up in Cheshire but mail order would be OK.

As a last resort I guess I could paint them, but I'd really rather replace. The carcases aren't in bad condition so a complete re-fit is out of the question at the moment. I couldn't face the upheaval.

Many thanks.

Reply to
jeffrey.r.helm

My kitchen was custom made (by me) using stock doors many years ago. So when I did this trick I found the current ones were in general bigger - after the change to metric. The ones I chose from B&Q were off white so I cut them to size and got some paint made up to match to do the cut edges.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

I used

Bought a number of bevelled high gloss white doors and drawer fronts all made to measure. Good quality reasonably priced.

Peter

Reply to
Peter

I've used them as well, I agree with Peter. Good quality reasonably priced.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman