new dishwashers... should they...

be wet inside ?

just had one delivered (Servis) from Comet and it's soaking wet inside like it's been used.

apart from that there are screws missing from the side panel and it's going back... SWMBO is not happy !! (hehe)

Les

Reply to
in2minds

You do want it tested by the manufacturers, don't you?

OTOH, Comet have a habit of reselling returns as new goods (*), so if there's something else wrong with it, send it back anyway.

(* A friend's washing machine had already had the guarantee card filled in...)

Reply to
Huge

our's ( an Indesit )was also wet inside, I assumed that it was due to water retained in the internal plumbing from where it was tested during the production process.

Reply to
Jon

a replacement will be here on Thursday, SWMBO is happy again (c;

Les

Reply to
in2minds

"You do want it tested by the manufacturers, don't you?" [..]

yes, but I don't expect it to leave a fairly large puddle on the floor when I unwrap the thing \c;

Les

Reply to
in2minds

I don't see how you have any choice. The manufacturer will test it, and the plumbing will be full of water, and if the gorillas who deliver these things tip them up, then it will leak out.

Reply to
Huge

In message , Jon writes

ours, a Bosch, had a note with it indicating the reason for the water inside - guess you get what you pay for (we paid extra for a little note)

Reply to
ignored

Mine too. However, it did not look pre-used. All the appropriate seals were intact. The guarantee form was empty and there wasn't a scratch on the thing.

Christian.

Reply to
Christian McArdle

This is normal. The makers do a test run on them to see if it leaks before they send them out. The screws being missing may just be holes where the makers don't put any, it is a fact that only the most needed screws are put in place.

Reply to
BigWallop

"The screws being missing may just be holes where the makers don't put any, it is a fact that only the most needed screws are put in place." [..]

the missing screws (missing from 1 side only) hold the outer sidepanel in place, without them the side bulges out and isn't flush with the door.

Les

Reply to
in2minds

Seems a pity they don't apply that thinking to "the most needed holes" too then! ;O)

Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}

Reply to
Gnube

Then your little lady is right to have sent it back then. It sounds as though Comet have done their usual by sending out repaired machines again.

Reply to
BigWallop