new dishwashers... should they...

be wet inside ?
just had one delivered (Servis) from Comet and it's soaking wet inside like it's been used.
apart from that there are screws missing from the side panel and it's going back... SWMBO is not happy !! (hehe)
Les

You do want it tested by the manufacturers, don't you?
OTOH, Comet have a habit of reselling returns as new goods (*), so if there's something else wrong with it, send it back anyway.
(* A friend's washing machine had already had the guarantee card filled in...)
"You do want it tested by the manufacturers, don't you?" [..]
yes, but I don't expect it to leave a fairly large puddle on the floor when I unwrap the thing \c;
Les

I don't see how you have any choice. The manufacturer will test it, and the plumbing will be full of water, and if the gorillas who deliver these things tip them up, then it will leak out.
our's ( an Indesit )was also wet inside, I assumed that it was due to water retained in the internal plumbing from where it was tested during the production process.

like
going

ours, a Bosch, had a note with it indicating the reason for the water inside - guess you get what you pay for (we paid extra for a little note)
--
dave @ stejonda

Mine too. However, it did not look pre-used. All the appropriate seals were intact. The guarantee form was empty and there wasn't a scratch on the thing.
Christian.
a replacement will be here on Thursday, SWMBO is happy again (c;
Les

like
going
This is normal. The makers do a test run on them to see if it leaks before they send them out. The screws being missing may just be holes where the makers don't put any, it is a fact that only the most needed screws are put in place.
"The screws being missing may just be holes where the makers don't put any, it is a fact that only the most needed screws are put in place." [..]
the missing screws (missing from 1 side only) hold the outer sidepanel in place, without them the side bulges out and isn't flush with the door.
Les

any,
Then your little lady is right to have sent it back then. It sounds as though Comet have done their usual by sending out repaired machines again.
On Mon, 20 Oct 2003 19:22:43 GMT, "BigWallop"

Seems a pity they don't apply that thinking to "the most needed holes" too then! ;O)
Take Care, Gnube {too thick for linux}