New DG steaming up on the "outside" ???

Having suffered for the last 20 years with condensation on the inside of the old style aluminium DG windows, I thought i better had get some new UPVC ones.

However I noticed this morning that they were steaming up on the outside ??

Does any one have any experiences of this, and is it a problem ??

Reply to
Anonymous

The message from " snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com" contains these words:

You sure it wasn't between the panes?

Reply to
Guy King

If it really was on the outside of the panes you must have very high interior RH. Yes, that is a problem, it causes mould, rot, insects, bacteria and so on. the good news is it isnt too hard to sort out.

BTW theres not a huge difference between ali and upvc dg windows.

NT

Reply to
meow2222

I've seen it happen when there's a boiler flue underneath. Presumably it wipes off?

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

No. If he means the outside of the house side of the glass.

Thats is symptomatic of dew formation on the window thats all.

Intyerior condensation can happen too, but its normally only in winter in a humid space with very cold weather outside.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Yes thats what I mean, on the outside of the glass not in the middle.

Why do I not see it on other peoples DG units.

Does that mean its humid and warm outside, but cold inside ?? I just cannot think this one out.

Also as we have arched shaped nets up at the window. The steaming up only seemed as thou it was in the area below the arch of the nets. Within an 2 hours of getting up the steaming up had all gone.

Reply to
Anonymous

Only ever seen it in Florida where the ice cold aircon and relatively poor glazing on a hotel made the windows run with water. By the time it had travelled down 20 floors it looked like rain.

Reply to
Matt

It means the outside of the glazing is cold ie the DG is insulating well (good!).

They probably heat their house to higher temp than you.

Condensation forms on all cold surfaces eg dew on grass.

coincidence.

Reply to
marvelus