new ch boiler

I live in France and recently purchased from a local store (Castorama) part of Kingfisher Group B & Q a 'Deville' Gemini 36kw oil fired c.h. freestanding conventional flued boiler. Service is unfortunately non existent as the store tell us the warranty is from Deville and vice versa. Very handy !

Since installation, the boiler temp guage rises to over 80 deg. when the hot water is running, although the c.h. system is off. i.e. summer operation. The system has two pumps. Should the temp rise on the c.h. guage when the hot water is running (I have the water set at 60 deg) or would it eventually trip the safety thermostat if it reached 100 deg ? The installation was by a competent fitter but the electrics are confusing us/me. Is there a reason why the c.h. guage should rise with the water or is this likely to be a fault. I have already had a replacement relay controlling the pump operations and the system has only been in 3 weeks. After the water is turned off the c.h. guage settles back to @ 60 deg and the water temp guage just below that

I know I should get a qual engineer to properly commission the system but this is France and things don't necessarily happen as you want them to !

Reply to
j.southworth