New ceiling. Finishing?

Just replaced a ceiling with new plasterboard.

There are small gaps to fill and one board is 3mm lower than the adjoining board due to the rafters being slightly out of alignment.

What's the best plan to tackle the seams and the misalignment?

I am not that good at plastering ceilings and don't want to just cover with artex type materials.

Any relevant advice appreciated :))

Reply to
EricP

In message , EricP writes

Best way with the misalignment would have been to pack that bit out. did you screw it up - could you redo that bit.

You could tape and fill the joints, you smooth over the joints and feather it into the board then sand.

Me I prefer it skimmed. I'd invest in a plasterer.

Reply to
chris French

Screwed, so no problem with that then. :))

You may be right on this, but I will have a go just for the hell of it. :))

Cheers for the thoughts :))

Reply to
EricP