new brickwork query

Hi group

I am building cement & brick foundations for decking.

How long after building the foundations must I wait, before drilling and inserting load bearing bolts, to attach the decking.

i.e. - is it strong enough as soon as it is dry, or does it get stronger with age?

thanks, Ian

Reply to
Ian Hooksem

At least 48 hours in these temperatures. A week might be better.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Reply to
Ian Hooksem

I think full strength is reached in 30 days. It's an exponential process so half strength is reached considerably sooner than 15 days, I think it's more like 4 days.

Andy.

Reply to
andrewpreece