New boiler needed?

Maxie, how long have you been like this?

Reply to
IMM

Any idea why not? Just curious.

Reply to
PM

Ignorance and stupidity.

Reply to
IMM

That's quite a few to be getting on with! Are all new condensing boilers 'room sealed'? The new one will be going in a cupboard.

Reply to
PM

Almost all are and have a fan flue.

If you are going for a cupboard location, it's a good idea to download the technical/installation manual and check the compartment ventilation requirements (if any) and also the clearance dimensions required for installation and servicing.

The location of the plumbing, gas and condensate connections may also affect the spacings because of the need to route pipes.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Yes

You need to check the manufacturer's instructions on spacing and ventilation.

You might find our free SEDBUK boiler database browser helpful - see sig

Reply to
Tony Bryer

In case it is any use, I found the Isar was one of the smallest condencing boilers about, it also does not need much clearance space round it (5mm each side, 100 underneath, and 190 above).

Reply to
John Rumm

Room sealed does not necessarily imply cupboard friendly. Almost all modern designs are room sealed, I doubt if there are any other types amongst condensing models this means that combustion air is drawn from outside and is sealed from the internal room air.

Boilers of many types including non room-sealed can be installed in cupboard provided:

1) the manufacturers minimum spacings to combustible materials are maintained. 2) Enough ventilation is provided for combustion air supply (non-room-sealed models) and appliance cooling.

Modern boilers tend not to need ventilation for appliance cooling.

When I fitted the Keston C25 in my own house I had an disused vented 250mm diameter duct adjacent to the cupboard into which I could run the flue, air duct, gas supply, blown off pipe, condensate drain and still provide ventilation via low and high level grilles to the cupboard for appliance cooling. You may wish to choose a boiler which is more cupboard friendly.

HTH

Reply to
Ed Sirett

I see from an advert in a trade mag that the condensate pump units (small resevoir tanks with a float switch and pump integral) have migrated from the A/c industry into boilers and an acidic condensate resistent model is now being promoted for use with condensing boilers in awkward places.

Should solve a lot of potential problems!

Reply to
John

There was somebody here a while ago who wanted to fit his boiler in a cellar IIRC, and this was the eventual solution for that.

Reply to
Andy Hall

he just had the usuall argument against them, unreliable,and costly, etc infact his top tip was to get a new boiler fitted before april so as to avoid having a condenser fitted. In truth he's a really nice bloke as i said we have used him for all our gas work for the last 15 years or so, he has allways been very profesional and reliable, however, his prices seem to have increased in line with the plumber shortage stories.

Reply to
andyd