New boiler condensation.

My parents have just paid the Gas board a lot of money to fit a Worcester condensing combi boiler. This was connected to the old pipework after flushing. There is now a lot of condensation on the pipework at the toilet. Is this a common side-effect of going from a gravity to a pressure system and a simple problem to solve? Thanks Paul.

Reply to
Paul

The pipework shouldn't really get cold enough for condensation. Which pipework? Is the water appearing next to a join? Wipe clean, and then wrap bits of toilet paper round the pipe at intervals to tell you if stuff is running along it.

Reply to
Ian Stirling

"Paul" wrote | My parents have just paid the Gas board a lot of money to | fit a Worcester condensing combi boiler. This was connected | to the old pipework after flushing. There is now a lot of | condensation on the pipework at the toilet. | Is this a common side-effect of going from a gravity to a | pressure system and a simple problem to solve?

If the toilet cistern was previously supplied by a cold water loft tank and is now supplied direct from the cold water main, then the cold water from the main is (especially at this time of year) probably appreciably colder than the water from the loft tank was. Because the pipe surface is colder, condensation is more likely to form.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

If the pipework to the toilet changed from tank fed to pressure,then it is most definatley colder.Try insulating the cold supply were ever exposed or increasing the temperature in the bathroom

Reply to
Alex

Thanks all. I will check the state of the pipe lagging when I am over during the week and see for myself how bad it is. Paul.

Reply to
Paul

In message , Paul writes

BTW, they are no longer the gas board

They are an independent profit making company

The information contained in this post may not be published in, or used by

raden

Largely because a lot of people do still view them as "the gas board" and believe that they are beyond reproach.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall