New bathroom , vinyl flooring.

I shall be renewing my bathroom starting in a couple of weeks.

The plan is to cut back all the water supplies,cap and strip it out.

I propose to have vinyl flooring. Is it normal to put this in at the very end so it doesn't get messed up? Or should it go in before the bath/toilet/basin etc to make vinyl fitting easier and neater.

mark

Reply to
mark

I prefer the latter.

BUT you should have the loo and basin pre fitted first, to get all te holes and so in in the right place with packing to simulate the thickness of the vinyl.

Then take am out, vinyl, and put them back! If desired add silicone sealing where thet meet the vinyl..

That way you get the best sealing the vinyl can do, and yet there is almost no work done post vinyl laying.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

If everything is fitted cutting the vinyl around the curved bases neatly will be next to impossible and there will be a gap around them to let wet into the floor.

Or some bits of the vinyl itself cut from places you are doubly 100% sure will end up as offcuts.

+1
Reply to
Dave Liquorice

In message , Dave Liquorice writes

Hmm.. it can be done as I have just finished mine. Gaps? There are a few:-(

Luckily the basin base could slide out once the holding nuts were slackened. The toilet, not fitted by me, had enough gap under the base to tuck the vinyl under. Standing on one's head cutting cushion flooring round soil pipes on a hot afternoon has ceased to be my idea of fun

Good luck!

Reply to
Tim Lamb

I would never attempt to cut vinyl around toilets & sinks myself. Get an experienced fitter in. My 'tame' fitter did my bathroom vinyl in under an hour for £40 and its spot bollock - perfect.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Last time I did the bathroom floor, I didn't cut around the toilet. I undid that and laid the vinyl underneath. In that particular case it was easy. And so we only have two screw holes through the vinyl.

Reply to
polygonum

I was going to get my vinyl from Carpetright and get it fitted through them for 30. From what I understand, vinyl is harder to fit than carpet as if you cut it say 1/2" short you're stuffed whereas carpet can be persuaded to make good.

btw: Online vinyl seems cheap until you factor in 35 + vat delivery.

mark

Reply to
mark

I had Galacroft Floors do my bathroom and they did it just like I wanted! I went with oak wood flooring:

wood-flooring and these guys did magic for me installing it and cleaning ev erything afterwards... and guess what.. in just one day!

They were also less expensive then what I got from other companies in Londo n

Reply to
adnanxteam

snip blatantly obvious promotional s**te that wasn't even on topic apart from having the word "floor" in it

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K

?? I've done 1/2 a dozen now over the years - never made a bollock of it yet. Steady away with the knife and out with the silicone & fugens to seal/neaten around the ceramics etc.

Jim K

Reply to
Jim K