Neff U1452 Fan Replacement

The circulator fan in this thing has broken. I know where to get a replacement part but am unsure about refitting.

Do I have to pull the whole thing out of the cabinet housing and approach from the back or will I get adequate access if I unscrew the back plate on the inside of the oven?

Thanks.

Reply to
Roger Cain

Can't comment on your particular model but my Neff looks to have a removable back in both ovens and their only purpose is access to the fan/element??? (I also think the oven back and sides are one piece with a removable panel for mains connection and a removable top panel) Try a search for neff and fan on the forum at

- it returned 119 threads for me.

Peter K

Reply to
PeterK

This might help.

andy

:-(

Reply to
Roger Cain

I my Neff (can't remember the model), you remove the back of the oven to take off the impeller - the nut has a left handed thread. Then from behind you remove the torx screws to take off the back. The motor is held by some more torx screws. If it is anything like mine, the motor is actually ok but the bearings are stuffed with burnt grease. I kept mine going for 18 months by cleaning the bearings out and then using high melting point grease. I had to give in eventually and buy a new motor. The present one is motor three. The first was replaced by an engineer under warranty and he showed me how to do it. Apparently it is a design fault!

Best of luck,

Lawrence

Reply to
l.milbourn

Ah, interesting. Like yours, my first motor blew within the warranty period. This is number 2 which has lasted about 6 years. I'll have a go at the bearing refurb. Thanks.

Reply to
Roger Cain