Neff Hobs / Ignition

Does anyone have a magic, low-cost solution for Neff hob ignition's that keep clicking until such a time it thinks the gas is lit, normally about 20 minutes after the gas is lit.

on mine, I turn the knob to the ignite position, until the gas lights (very quickly), hold it for 10 seconds as advised by Neff/manual, and then turn it to the level I want. But it just keeps clicking away.

Any simple solutions, or do I call Neff out ($$$'s)?

Ian

Reply to
icornish

We had this problem but whether or not the cause is the same as yours I cannot say. The reason in our case was that to operate the igniter you push the knob down slightly and rotate it to the ignite position. The gas ignites and you then continue to rotate the knob to the desired position, the act of doing this is supposed to cause a sleeve (for lack of a better way of describing it) to rise and turn the igniter off.

In our case this sleeve on I think three of the knobs had got gummed up with fat which seems to get washed down into it when cleaning the hob.

So the fix was to remove all the knobs give the mechanisms underneath a good clean and a light lubrication with WD40. They have all worked now for a couple of years without problem.

Hope this might help you.

Andy

Reply to
andy