NEFF. Fridge Freezer

My fridge freezer is about 5.year.Now started to ice up .(This is a built in unit)I have turned the thermostat setting down from No.2 to No.1. The door seals are o'k. The motor is running after a while cuts out. Which may be the thermostat. I am at a loss why the sudden build up of ice . If any one can offer a solution please. Thank you

Reply to
wonbat

If it's auto defrost, the fan may well be jammed with ice. Take everything out and allow to defrost for a day, then try again.

Reply to
Capitol

That is worth a try if it is a (horrible) frost free fridge freezer. Watch out for water on the floor.

Reply to
Mr Pounder

Normally it is a door seal or other breach in the seals, so damp air can creep in and not be removed fast enough. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff