Neff Algor oven.

Arrrrgh!!

No instruction manual for the oven in our new residence.

Get onto the Neff website, it requests a E-Nr Number and an FD Number, which is found on the plate just inside the oven door.

Torch & magnifying glass in hand, I note every single number on said plate.

None of them work, no such numbers are recognised.

I try to contact Neff by e-mail, but guess what? The E-Nr Number and the FD Number are required fields and the form won't send unless you fill them in.

I phone them & after three attempts I get through. The nice chap at Neff claims that all oven E-NR numbers begin with 'B'. Mine begins with 'A'.

He denies that Neff ever made an oven called an Algor.

I tell him I'm looking at several web sites selling spare parts for Neff Algor ovens. He is unmoved.

Arrrrgh!!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

welcome to computer hell, programmed by naff algae

NT

Reply to
meow2222

Will this help? Download oven tips and function guide:-

Howard Neil

Phone call from a very helpful lady at Neff.

It seems that the Algor isn't a Neff after all, but an exact copy made in Italy. Exactly the same shade of green, exactly the same lettering, almost exactly the same brass control knobs - unless you look really carefully...

Still not impressed with their web site :-)

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Searching the interweb eventually reveals that Algor is a trade name used by Whirlpool!

I've managed to fund a manual!

Wahooo!!!!

SWMBO will be pleased and I will get fed!

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The Medway Handyman wrote in news:Ns27s.210692$ snipped-for-privacy@fx03.am:

I suppose that's the closest I'll get to a public apology :-/

Reply to
Mr Neff

Neff off.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

I was talking about Mrs Neff, not you...

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

The Medway Handyman wrote in news:t237s.264041 $ snipped-for-privacy@fx10.am:

We're a close bunch, attack 1, attack all! You're lucky we're out of grenades . . .

Reply to
Mr Neff

So why did you think it was Neff.

Must go and get some spares from Hoover for my Dyson!!!

Reply to
DerbyBorn

You're lucky Al Gore didn't get all technical on your donkey.

Reply to
Grimly Curmudgeon

Because the hob is Neff and the oven looks exactly the same. Same colour, same control knobs, same font on the labels.

I assumed it was a Neff 'Algor', like a Ford 'Fiesta'. Turns out Algor is a make not a model name.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Unfortunately the employees believe what the computer tells them also. I've had this with vacuum cleaners, drills washing machines, indeed almost everything you call about to any company. It seems that the man who does know the history is probably now no longer employed and the one who did the computer database never knew the things actually existed. Meanwhile in a store somewhere they are clearing ot racks of spares nobody ever asks for......

Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

It was probably originally the same company, but was not included in a sale of the company to some middle eastern outfit who then sold it back to the French..... etc. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

This oven is so complicated that it can't be used without an expensive the manual? OK timer settings might be a bit tricky, sometimes, but basic "set to 200C/Gas Mark 6" is normally pretty simple. B-)

Reply to
Dave Liquorice

If the timer isn't set correctly the oven won't go on and it also has a 'fan' and a 'defrost' setting - the symbols aren't that clear.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Going OT, my Nkion D200 has about 6 controls that affect the autofocus, and something like 200 settings. My old lenses you just turn a ring on.

Progress?

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

For the masses, yes.

They don't have to understand any technology. They don't have to understand the whole physics of photography, light, lens dynamics, shutters, aperture and so on. It is interesting that my 65yr old wife who is non-scientific and not really a photographer, went off on a half day course around Edinburgh and, from her childhood upbringing on 'real' cameras, knew far more about how to take a photo than most of the rest of the group.

Rob

Reply to
robgraham