need to find prices of vans new in 1997

My motorhome was lost in a fire recently (bastard diesel thieves, torched it after draining the tank... of 35 litres)

Insurance have offered an insulting settlement figure, mainly because my motorhome was a self built, but it was a coachbuilt fitted with lots of items not usually found on factory built motorhomes.

So they have based the valuation on a similar age vehicle at a dealers, but it's on a peugeot boxer chassis... mine is on an iveco daily,

i need to prove to them that in 1997 (as now) an iveco would cost a lot more than a peugeot van, but i'm having a hard time finding out the new prices of these vans in 1997.

Anyone know of any sites that show the new prices of vans in the 90's?

Reply to
Gazz

Can't think of any sites but why don't you contact the manufacturers or distributors? Also, some of car review websites give the original selling price for used cars. There may be something similar for vans.

Reply to
Wesley

?

Reply to
Him & Her

yes i know and have e-mailed iveco and peugeot, unfortunately it is the middle of the weekend, and i really wanted to get the paperwork back to the insurers on monday, hence hoping there was a site with van prices like the car price sites out there,

All i could find was the parkers site, but they want paying for every bit of info they supply as dennis said, they went as far back as the 1998 iveco turbodaily 35.10 i believe, didnt check the pug van after being sent to the 'you pay me now' page, plus i wasnt sure if it's even show the new price, or just the current value, which is of no use at all, as it ceased being a panel van in 2003,

Reply to
Gazz

I thought those sites also give the list price when new, or at least they use to a few years ago.

Reply to
Fredxx