Need to find boiler spare parts

Anyone out there know where i can find a replacement temp adjust controller for combi gas boiler? It's a rotary potentiometer, unsure of exact specs, that is mounted on the regulation PCB for a Chaffoteaux Britony combi boiler. Or maybe someone can suggest where I can find a spare board that's been scrapped? Anyone got a shed full of bits and pieces out there?

Reply to
Jigster

Jigster formulated on Tuesday :

If you could measure the resistance, you would quite likely find an electronics parts stockist has want you want. Often they will be clearly marked with the resistance value and type (log/lin). Usually they will be perfectly standard parts. Then try Maplins/Farnell/RS Components.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Did you try any of these places .?

Stuart

Cheers. Clearly stamped 1 (could be an L) 0KA, l0KA. Is this a reference to 10 kilo-amps? I'm an extreme novice, I can just about solder, and have already trawled through the web, but am unsure of specs. I dont know if this is lin/log, would have no idea or the equipment to measure resistance. From the manual, there is a suggestion of a range between 600 to 3000 ohms resistance to achieve temp control, but unsure. Have taken it apart, and it seems to have worn away a layer of conductive material, down to the bare plastic. Have tried Manufacturer's tech support, but these PCBs are OEM and no joy on tracking down specific info.

Reply to
Jigster

One for Raden, perhaps. What's his company called?

Reply to
Aidan

Probably 10 kilo-ohm, and the A denotes whether lin or log. I think A=lin, B=log.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Owain laid this down on his screen :

I agree with that! I would also expect it to be a linear (lin) anyway.

A 10k lin should be very easy to find, it is one of the most common values.

All that remains is to work out the actual physical type of potentiometer and its size/spacing/layout of the pins -

Your best bet would be to take the entire PCB into Maplins and ask them if they can match it.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

Depending on how much you value your time, the certainty or otherwise of the diagnosis and the fact the Cet boards come with a 12month warranty....

There is a time to diy and a time not to.

Reply to
Ed Sirett