Need to find a black plastic box that looks good

I need a black plastic box (about 10x4x2 in old money, but not critical) that I can use to house a mains junction box for the A/V units (TV, Amp, etcetera) - the catch is that it needs to look good because I want to attach it under a black glass shelf - gloss black would be ideal. Any suggestions?

Reply to
nospam

I forgot to say that I've seen the ones on eBay but I can't tell whether they're cosmetically good. The plastic enclosures I used when I was actively designing electronics projects (quite a while ago) would not have been good enough for this application.

Reply to
nospam

Find one that otherwise fits and take it to a car body shop for spraying.

Or make / get one made out of black acrylic.

Are there any nice shiny SFF computer cases that might do?

Owain

Reply to
spuorgelgoog

There are electronics project boxes that fit the bill. You could look online at Maplin, and if they have something suitable (I don;t know off-hand), go and look at it in store.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Save time, don't. I did had a look for the OP when first posted. The only one vaguely suitable is matt.

Reply to
Bob Eager

I have used them to build toys. Probably got them from CPC or Rapid, but my stock of project boxes is mostly 10+ years old, and maybe not representitve of ones you can but today.

Come to mention it, it came as quite a surprise that the folded aluminimum sheet boxes which I use for lots of things have vanished from all my suppliers. Rather annoying that.

Reply to
Andrew Gabriel

Plenty gloss black project boxes in many sizes on Ebay, etc. Whether they look good or not is another matter.

You might find an extruded ally box that looks better. But you'd have to paint it.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Consider a key box.

Reply to
Capitol

Yes, I found the same problem. However, CCTV PSU boxes are a convenient size for some projects.

Reply to
Capitol