Need cordless doorbell with longer range

I need a device so that someone at work can press a button to tell me (the first aider) when he is feeling unwell and needs help.

I bought a cheap cordless doorbell but because of the layout of the offices it can't reach through the walls as far as my office.

Do some cordless doorbells have longer ranges or repeater devices like I think I've seen available for DECT phones?

Thanks

Reply to
Murmansk69

Hi , I use p.m.r.446

You will get them on ebay.

Kind Regards.

Micky. Leeds U.K.

Reply to
Micky Savage

George

Yes - I used one (a Friedland) with a reported 100m range, but with 2 cavity brick walls between struggled to 30m. Any walls/ partitions between do severely attenuate the signal. Buy the longest range bell you can find from somewhere like Argos which has a no quibble returns policy and try it

Malcolm

Reply to
Malcolm

answer as it's only very occasionally he needs to send a signal and he needs to press a button as the nature of his illness is that he won't be able to speak - walkie talkies would eat batteries over time and be subject to potential interference from other units in the area

Reply to
Murmansk69

answer as it's only very occasionally he needs to send a signal and he needs to press a button as the nature of his illness is that he won't be able to speak - walkie talkies would eat batteries over time and be subject to potential interference from other units in the area

Well you don't have to speak because it has.... Call alert tone.... also it has nine channels to alternate in case of interferance,on saying that a cheap doorbell has been known to interfere with remote appliances. :-)

Reply to
George

Friedland do a '200m' range chime:

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C ukdiy

Murmansk69 used his keyboard to write :

Friedland do a 200m range one, which is only available via wholesalers. They used to do range extenders/repeaters, but dropped them due to some problems of misuse - An wholesaler might still have some stock of them.

Reply to
Harry Bloomfield

I would suggest using a Care Phone on his PBX extension with a wireless pendant. These can be programmed to dial several numbers in succession (you, switchboard operator, etc) and will keep trying until the call is answered. These can be had from BT, Geemarc etc.

This does assume that the colleage stays within pendant range of his phone, but it is intended for the job. There is a liability issue if inadequate equipment is used.

I would suggest that whatever is used, it should be tested and documented eg weekly.

Owain

Reply to
Owain

GOOD POINT MAN.

MICKY

Reply to
Micky Savage

I got a Byron extender which is very satisfactory from B&Q recently. It is battery powered but batteries last much longer these days. Scheduled replacement should avoid any problems on that score - see

The Friedland extender is also battery powered.

Reply to
Peter Johnson