Need a flexible hose for my pull out shower,

We have a bathtub with a pull out hose which leaks, I managed to find the replacement hose, which is this:

This is used for pull out sinks and showers, and has the particularity that one of the attachments has a small diameter, so that one can mount it passing it through the tiny hole of the pull out sink.

Attached to the M15 fitting there should be a flexible hose that is always hidden from view, and attaches to the other side to the back of the faucet, with a 1/4 fitting.

I have searched everywhere, but I don't seem to be able to find this last hose, no one seems to have anything to fit the M15 fitting of the other half hose.

Does anyone know where I could find this? Or have any ideas about how to solve this problem?

Thanks Giulio

Reply to
Giulio

In message , Giulio writes

A photo of the relevant bit might help.I take it you don;t

Have you tried Showerdoc, they seem a good supplier of all sorts of bits,

Maybe give them a ring rather than just browse the website

Reply to
Chris French

Thank you for the suggestion, I've posted a question to shower doc, I hope they will reply soon.

The part I need is similar to this:

but one of the ends needs to have a M15 female fitting, so that I can attach it to the hose.

Alternatively I could go (and would probably be a better solution) for something like this:

Being on one side female M15 and on the other side male 1/2inch.

Actually this second link could be exactly what I'm looking for, though in the photo I can't see the thread on the supposedly M15 side, so I'm not entirely sure that's what I'm after.

Do you think this is the one?

Reply to
Giulio

I got feedback from colglo, and the part is not what I'm looking for, it's incredible how so many shops sell a hose but don't have the necessary parts around it.

I'm feeling frustrated.

Reply to
Giulio

I have a similar hose, but in my case, since I have mixer and diverter, with no actual taps on the bath, the hose connects to a length of copper pipe with a thread adaptor to an ordinary compression fitting.

Perhaps your approach should be to find something that fits at the faucet, then look for an adaptor to match M15

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

In message , Giulio writes

I'm unclear as to what type/size fitting is on the tap end of the small hose?

In your original post you said 1/4 (inch I presume, that's pretty small for plumbing fitting), the one you link to from toolstation is a 1/2 inch tap connector? - it fits onto a male 1/2 inch BSP fitting on taps.

Note, if you come across mention of 15mm in plumbing fittings it will normally be talking about the pipe size it is designed for, not an M15 thread. So the Colglo one you link to above is a press fit fitting, designed for 15mm pipe.

M15 thread is not normally used in plumbing, so might be a case of looking at other things for a suitable adapter to say 1/2inch bsp

Reply to
Chris French

Thanks,

I'm really struggling with finding something to match M15, not even who sells the hose with the M15 thread knows how to attach it anywhere.

How do the other pull out hoses attach? maybe I can change the whole thing, in the end I just need a 1/2 inch on one side the normal shower head on the other, and a way to pass this whole setup through a small hole.

Reply to
Giulio

Does this help in any way?

or something from here?

Chris

Reply to
Chris J Dixon

Thanks, well found the 15M to 22 connector, it could probably help a lot, depending if I manage to find a way to connect from the M22 to the 1/2 inch tap.

That gave me the keyword of what I need: "Thread adatper", found this:

This would solve my problem, unfortunately it doesn't seem to be available. any idea where I could find something like that?

Thanks,

Reply to
Giulio