Need a DC Power Plug....

Hi -

I'm looking for loose 7.4mm x 5.0mm DC power plugs, as used for HP laptops (see eBay 250636610672 for example). Have loads of older HP power adaptors which could be reused with a bit of soldering, but I can't source the plugs - is it a proprietary design perhaps?

Any ideas appreciated -

Thanks!

Reply to
Steve Walker

Maplins?

Si

Reply to
Mungo "Two Sheds" Toadfoot

Don't know if it's proprietary, but it's not a normal size. Most DC connectors are listed as 2.1 or 2.5mm - which refers to the internal diameter of the "hole" in the middle of the connector. If rswww.com, farnell.co.uk or rapidonline.com don't do them, I don't know who else to suggest.

Reply to
pete

If it isn't a standard size, and it is used by one particular manufacturer, then that is the definition of "proprietary".

It's proprietary.

Reply to
Bruce

Is that a triaxial design as used on some Dell where there are three connectors - the outer sleeve of the barrel, the inner sleeve and the centre pin?

Reply to
Peter Parry

Yeah, it has a drawing-pin-style sharp little centre pin.

Reply to
Steve Walker