Need a bit of lead

Just need a piece 22 x 3 inch. How can I get hold of a bit without buying a huge roll?

Reply to
visionset

Local church ? ;-)

sorry

Reply to
chris 159

Try a Scrap yard

Reply to
keith_765

If you are in striking distance of Bromley I'll let you have some

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Or find where the latest 'travellers' encampment is!

Reply to
Bob Eager

Most local roofing firms will have offcuts, if you know any or just give one a call, it'll be cheaper than buying a roll

Reply to
Staffbull

Go to a scrap dealer...not a car breaker type but one where metals are bought, they have masses of offcuts alkong with pipes etc....I took some yesterday, 60kg of copper = £75 and 30kg of lead = £15

Reply to
Phil L

£1.25 per kg - you were done! I got £2.39 the day before.

-- Mike W

Reply to
VisionSet

If you are in Nth Kent (Medway) , I'll let you have a bit.

There is an Email address on my website.

--

73 Brian
Brian Reay

Yours was clean, ours had washer outlets, stop taps, brass fittings and clips all over it....if we'd had time to clean it up we'd have got more but we just wanted it out of the way TBH...the price was for 'brazey'...still it was £90 in the backsack :-p

Reply to
Phil L