Nearly finished fitting my boiler....

From scratch. No previous plumbing experience. Thanks to those in this group - I have been lurking mainly for a while. The FAQ was excellent and I shall follow it closely for my commissioning.
One question though: I made a bit of a mess cutting the hole for the flue and hence have a ragged hole that is really untidy and gaps still show through round the outside of the blanking plate.
Can I use builders foam to plug this gap or does it need to be cement or other fireproof sealant?
Actually another question as well: The condensate drain pipe should really go into a drain but where I have located the boiler is below the level of the household drain (and house damp course).
Can I route the pipe downwards to outside and have it discharge into maybe a hole dug into the ground? I'm not sure if it is just water that will come out or if anything more obnoxious will be present.
Thanks
Earl
Earl Kella wrote:

I've just finished fitting my Keston. The instructions (for a Keston) do permit a soakaway for the condensate or drain.
-- Ed Sirett - Property maintainer and registered gas fitter. The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk Gas fitting FAQ http://www.makewrite.demon.co.uk/GasFitting.html Sealed CH FAQ http://www.makewrite.demon.co.uk/SealedCH.html
A tundish provides an air break in the condensate pipe, it is not required by the boiler maker but the building regs, If the boiler is fitted with a siphon on trap this is to seal the flue not to provide a trap as required in the building regs. If the drainage system applies +ve or-ve pressure on the siphon it will no operate correctly and may cause the boiler to lock out. For internal connection to drains the Standpipe type of wm trap is best, externally use a soakaway or gulley but terminate the pipe above ground level.
-- Muddy Paws (remove muddy paws to reply)

It is a condensing boiler so I have made the flue angle at about 3 degrees as required.
Builders foam it is then, and I will look into making a soakaway and find out what a tundish is!
Regards
Earl

Builders foam around a flue? Use cement. Only use builders foam if you have a sleeve around the flue. This sleeve can have foam to fix it in place. The flue should be cemented into the wall.