Name of tool?

This is for interest only...I know where to get them.

The nylon tools that one uses to pry apart cases on things like MP3 players, phones etc, without marking them.

There is a fery specific name for such a tool, and it's bugging me that I can't rememeber it...

Reply to
Bob Eager

Nylon shim tool

eg

Reply to
TMC

Spudger ??

Reply to
Justine Time

Nokia's little plectrum shaped jobbies are dubbed SRT6 if that's any help.

Reply to
Richard Colton

Google plastic opening tool for several sources

eg

TMC

I could have done with a set yesterday when I prised open the handset for my PVR using a Stanley knife to release the catches.

So where do you get them?

Reply to
Graham.

Apologies for Top posting reply

Reply to
TMC

Reply to
Justine Time

Spudger. That's it! Thanks.

Reply to
Bob Eager

In article , Graham. writes

Off the top of a tin of isopon P38, the mixing blade is fine, soft enough not to mark and rigid enough to do the job, tapered end first.

Reply to
fred

perfectly capable of doing that once I know what it's called. Repeated use of suitable keywords brought up lots of stuff about safe cracking, strangely.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Reply to
Bob Eager

Amazon, and lots of others. Got mine from Dealextreme.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Buy a couple of plectrums from your local guitar shop?

I have a handily shaped thumbnail, though

Reply to
John Williamson

Actually, it's not that kind of tool I was thinking of originally - although they come in the 'set'. There are long, thin ones to work latches, as well.

Reply to
Bob Eager

Bignell

Reply to
Nightjar

Well I've never heard of a 'spugder' - used various bits and pieces as one but not the name.

It's always worthwhile having these sorts of things around. I picked up a set of very inexpensive tools from Ald/lidls recently, aimed I think at taking 'O' rings out, and thank goodness I did as they were perfect for extracting a broken car key from the boot lock of an old Mazda MX5. Rob

Reply to
robgraham

Well since no one else seems like they are going to.....

Angle Grinder!

Reply to
John Rumm

Thanks, that's the other one. So the answer is: spudger...and bodger...!

Reply to
Bob Eager

It it not the correct use for a butter knife?

Reply to
ARWadsworth