Nails for Fencing

Hi all

I have taken delivery of some fence feather edge board panels which are nailed together. The nails appear to be either plated or coated against rust (shiny brass-like finish to the small bits I can see). What sort of nails are these likely to be - description?? I would expect ring shank type but didn't see any coated ring shank nails in Been and Queued when I looked this morning.

TIA

Phil

Reply to
TheScullster

Sounds like passivated zinc or cadmium plate. Its pretty good.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

The Natural Philosopher let his belly rumble and said

"Sounds like passivated zinc or cadmium plate. Its pretty good"

Cadmium plating was banned for all but military use many years ago. Cadmium plating can deteriorate and become extremely poisonous - doesn't matter for the fly-boys, etc. but it still is the best plating against nasty environments.

Rob

Reply to
robgraham