nailing a downpipe bracket to the wall

On Sat, 03 Jul 2004 23:01:27 GMT, "j west +++" strung together this:

Er, troll surely?

Reply to
Lurch

Nail it and the pebbledash will probably fall off. Use a proper drill.

Reply to
G&M

hi, can someone advise a novice on how best to attach the plastic brackets for a plastic down pipe (carrying water from the bath) to the wall outside. The wall is rendered in pebble dash. i know i could drill and put in a rawplug, but is there an easier way like some sort of nail or something i could bang in with a hammer.

thanking you for any help. john west

Reply to
j west +++

You will probably find the drill and plug solution is the "easy way". Nailing into pebbledash is no easy. You would need a decent masonary nail (Obo is a comon brand), but even then you may find the head is too small and pulls through the hole in the clip.

Reply to
John Rumm

Well I went to a job on Fri where the customer asked me to put a kitchen light back up which the previous ' lecky' had NAILED to the plasterboard ceiling instead of using plasterboard fixings AND had not earthed the metal fitting !!!.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Stanton

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 07:24:14 +0100, Dave Stanton strung together this:

Sounds like my Sisters new place, if it can't be fixed with silicone and\or nails it's left dangling. (Obviously by the previous owners, not the new stuff I'm putting in!)

Reply to
Lurch

Nah, highly unlikely. You never had the pleasure(?!) of watching someone trying to insert screws using a hammer?

David

Reply to
Lobster

On Sun, 04 Jul 2004 17:34:26 GMT, Rick Dipper strung together this:

As a pro once said to me, "the slots are there for if you need to get the screw out again"!

Reply to
Lurch

use a masonry drill bit - sounds like the OP may not know.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton

snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com (Lobster) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

I'd rather do that than try to hammer in on of those b******* masonry nails.

Never had a success yet, and too many life-threatening near misses

mike

Reply to
mike ring

"Lurch" wrote | Sounds like my Sisters new place, if it can't be fixed with | silicone and\or nails it's left dangling.

alt.implants-and-extreme-piercings is thataway ---> :-)

Owain

Reply to
Owain

Pritt Stick ......Easier to use than a nail, and will probably hold just as well.

You can drill, insert raw plug, and the nail into the raw plug if you can't use a screw driver.

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

You been watching my dad ?

He has 2 tools "screw driver" - looks like a hammer and a "screw twister"

Rick

Reply to
Rick Dipper

Why not nail the downpipe to the wall at the top, and to the front door at the bottom. Now your step will be automaticaly washed every time it rains - but here's the good bit - when you open the door to step out, the water is automatically diverted elsewhere! Neat huh.

Regards, NT

Reply to
N. Thornton