Nailers

And after much research I discovered that the only nailer for which stainless nails are available is the Paslode

Anna

Reply to
Anna Kettle

You can get collated nails for 18g brad nailers, 15g and 16g nailers, staplers, coil type roofing nailers and for framing nailers, Anna.

They are more readily available in the U.S. - e.g.

can be obtained in the UK, typically to special order.

A while ago I bought some 15g 32mm nails and some 50mm roofing nails for a framing nailer from

although had to buy

2000 of each as min quantities.
Reply to
Andy Hall

I wouldn't have thought a brad nailer of any description would be suitable for this job. Won't the brads just pop through the boards as the expand and contract? I think you need nails with decently sided heads.

I used a Paslode framing nailer with 32mm nails for mine (borrowed off a neighbour). It was important to hit the centre of the rails though otherwise the nails protruded!

Steve

Steve

Reply to
stevelup

That should read decently *sized* heads of course!

Reply to
stevelup

Done a little research on that, seems like the green Hitachi NR90gc has been replaced by the Hitachi NR90gc2 which is grey. Some problem with a coil thingy? Can't find the Hitachi NR90gc2 at less than around £350.

Won't fire less than 51mm nails so no good for fencing.

Thanks for the thought though.

Reply to
The Medway Handyman

Perhaps they have not done a version of the smaller Paslode...

Having said that, I would have though 2" was about right for fencing? (19mm feather edge onto 3" diagonal aris rails)

Reply to
John Rumm

I was thinking the same but 3/4" rails into 4" posts.

Reply to
Dave Liquorice