Nail gun air/electric/ clockwork?

I've seen one of those Big Strong Boys (the one with the rou'er) using a big nail gun which doesn't seem to have any connection of electrics or air. It makes a whirring sound after use. How is it powered? Clockwork?
mickael wrote:

Gas ignited by battery. Often made by Paslode

big
It is a Paslode cartridge gun. They use a small propane 'cigarette lighter filler type' cylinder and have a rechargable battery to create a spark and run a fan (the whirring that you can hear)
There are two sizes 'First Fix Framing' for 50 to 90mm nails and 'Finish' for 18-50 mm nail or brads. Very handy all be it rather pricey. I have the Framing version.
Andrew Mawson
Andrew Mawson wrote:

KerChunk. KerChunk. KerChunk. KerChunk. KerChunk. Chk. CHk. CHk. Bugger - out of gas. 300+ ? One for the suitcase on the way back from USA maybe.
--
Toby.

Toby wrote:

Ha! You reckon the US authorities would let you anywhere near an aircraft with one of those?

Yes they will. Obviously you don't put it in carry on baggage......
I have brought tools from the U.S. on a regular basis. I pack them such that they can be inspected and then ask to see the TSA supervisor. They inspect, seal the package, and no problem.
.andy
To email, substitute .nospam with .gl
Andy Hall wrote:

It was meant tongue-in-cheek, although given the level of paranoia in the US at the moment I'm surprised that they'd allow a Paslode nail gun, after all they must like a firearm US security personnel (but a pocket full of bullets are obvioously OK ;-) )

Parish wrote:

Damn, my fingers must be broken:
s/firearm US/firearm to US s/obvioously/obviously