N Power login.

Changed to N Power (via Flipper) as they gave me the best deal. Set up the online account stuff using the same email address I use for almost everything, and the same password I use for things that don't much matter. Worked OK. Or rather sometimes.

Got an email from them asking for meter readings. Tried to log in - Firefox had save the login details which had worked before - and it refused. Entered both again - still no luck. Asked for a password re-set. No email arrived to do this.

Used their chat service. They sent me a temporary password which worked so re-set it back to the original. Which now works as before.

Thing is that I used Flipper to get me the best deal, and they've complained they can't access my account either. And they had the same log in details I've used.

Any guesses as to what is going on?

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Have they improved their billing?

Last time I was with them it took huge effort to decode their obfuscated billing and they were nothing like the best deal at all.

That is odd - because a lot of systems will not let you set the password to the same as a previous one.

What is a third party doing with *your* login credentials to nPower?

Fried cookies? Or someone else has changed your password on you. Deep AV scan and Malwarebytes might not be a bad idea.

Reply to
Martin Brown

Not my problem. I pay Flipper to do all that. It's what appealed to me. No need for me to trawl through the comparison sites, etc. They do it for me

- and regularly.

Ah. It certainly accepted the change back - and is working OK today. It could just be a flaky site, of course.

You'd do best to read up about Flipper. I do realise some wouldn't like the idea. They act as sort of an independant financial advisor that you trust. And you pay them for that service - rather than them taking a commission from the supplier.

I've got a pretty fair amount of security on the PC. And not had a problem with any of the other sites I need a password for. Even when it's the same password. ;-)

I did wonder if it were a problem with my email address which is my own domain. Mate said an email I sent him ended up in his spam folder. But NP have contacted me using it. It wouldn't be a problem to change it for my BT one, though.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

Just had another email from Flipper (not a circular) saying they still can't log into my NP account. But I can. I've checked my details on Flipper so often I don't know what to do next.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)