Mysterious central heating problem.

When my fan flued CH boiler stopped working recently I got out the manual and followed the fault finding routines. I replaced the pilot burner, the air pressure switch and the PCB. According to the fault diagnostics this should have solved the problem. It didn't. I then decided to check the pipes connecting the fan housing to the air pressure switch. I finally discovered that one of the metal take-off pipes from the fan housing was completely blocked with limescale. I don't know how this could have happened especially as the boiler was working just a few days before.

Having carefully cleared the blocked take-off pipe I re-assembled everything and the boiler fired up perfectly.

Can anybody tell me if this kind of blockage is commonplace or if there is likely to be something wrong with my boiler? Is the whole thing likely to go off with a bang?

Can anybody offer any enlightenment?

Boiler is about 6 years old, regularly serviced - Glow Worm Economy Plus

40FF.

Tia,

Cic.

Reply to