Myson heat calc. questions and sourcing rads.

I've done the Myson heat loss calculation and the heat loss is 13840 W. The calculation tells me I need a boiler output of 22.55 kW.

The B&Q "Installing a gas fired central heating system" leaflet says just add 10% to the heat loss to calculate the required boiler output.

Why the 63% extra for the Myson calculation?

Wickes rads seem fairly cheap. Anyone know of a better source with discounts for bulk?

Thank you,

Neil

Reply to
Niel A. Farrow

ISTR that the Myson heat loss calculator includes the DHW in its calculation?

Peter

Reply to
Peter Watson

If you look carefully you will find that there are extra factors built in for whether the heating is on all day or not and a number of other issues. It also makes a DHW allowance IIRC.

Take a look carefully at these areas. Also, check the U values carefully against those in other programs and also in the Building Regulations. I found a few that were wrong and made a big difference.

Regarding radiators, have a look at Plumb Center's CenterRad brand. You can order from there or the same from Dicounted Heating on the net. They are made by Myson and identical to their own brand but in slightly different sizes.

.andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl

Reply to
Andy Hall