My razor charger (2-pin) won't fit in a continental socket!

I *know* it says that, but they do have contacts suitable for a round pin connection, the moulding is shaped to accept them, and the Live Neutral shutter shutter opens with a UK 2 pin plug. Been using this type for quite a few years now.

FFS it's free delivery from CPC and costs all of 42p with the VAT

(or 1.60 for two of the other very similar design that I think is the one I have)

or 4 quid from Amazon for just one

I've even taken some photos to show the toothbrush charger plugged in

The Other Mike

The buy it from CPC for 1/10 of the price and no postage

Reply to
The Other Mike

The most interesting thing about this thread is finding out that from Farnell "All UK orders placed online will be delivered absolutely free", which I would not have expected. I would have assumed there'd be a delivery charge of around £2.99. So, for 42p I shall certainly get one when I'm back in the UK.

Also, I shall look at the Farnell website much more in future before buying anything.

Of course, I expect Farnell still make a profit even at only42p, because it can't cost much to mass produce in, say, China. Maybe 1p.

MM

Reply to
MM

In message , at 11:48:16 on Sat, 10 Aug 2013, MM remarked:

And with the cheapest (consumer, rather than contract) "small parcel" [it's unlikely to squeeze in as a "large letter"] rate @£2.60???

Are Farnell really getting "Small Parcel" rates at less than 40p?

Reply to
Roland Perry

'fraid not. The only clue is a letter 'S' inside a 'sun rays' symbol and the number 6599 (can't find anything on Google)

After a couple of days searching drawers I've found some other parts *similar* to the ones reference by Roland P.

John M

Reply to
JTM