My monitor's died

It'll give you the same viewing area but I know of no LCD/TFT screens which will run at the same resolution as most 19" CRT screens. My 19" LG Flatron CRT screen runs at 1600x1200, you have to go to silly prices on LCD/TFT screens (and 20" or more) to get the same resolution.

Reply to
usenet

The one I would like is

I'm using a Hyundai Imagequest L90D+, because I wanted the 8ms response time.

Colin Bignell

Reply to
nightjar

Another glass monitor? Join your local freecycle group and place a wanted advert. You'll soon have a 17" one for nothing (well, at least 'round here - London)

(check the international link!)

Reply to
Adrian C

Yup, I'd second that. There have been several in the last few days in my local group.

Reply to
The Wanderer

Hi,

Probably the internal fuse, sometimes the fuse holder is built into the mains inlet chassis plug on the monitor.

If not take the cover off and trace the wires back from the power switch and it should be on a board between them and the mains inlet.

The fuse will be a glass type and if blown needs to be replaced with an 'anti surge' fuse of the same rating.

DANGER: ***Don't touch or go anywhere near the thick 'HT lead' that goes onto the side of the tube though!!!***

cheers, Pete.

Reply to
Pete C

The Digimate is popular at the weekend computer fairs. I bought one for someone at Christmas when they were about £150 incl VAT. Last weekend, ISTR the 17" ones were down to around £115 incl VAT.

You can see if there's a computer fair which runs anywhere near you at:

Andrew Gabriel

Partly why I left 19" LCDs out of my explanation above, since they don't really offer much over a 17" unless you need the larger text size.

How about one of the IBM 3840x2400 22.2" LCDs then? A snip at 3800 + VAT !

Benq do a 1920x1200 23" widescreen monitor, but that is still over a grand.

If you want lots of resolution the cheapest solution is an array of 3

17" screens side by side with a suitable multi headed video card. You can then spread your (virtual) desktop over all of them. You could even devote a screen to uk.d-i-y ;-)
Reply to
John Rumm