My Final post about central heating.

What eff in hell do you know about commercial systems? Answer?: zilch! What do you expect with name like Matt.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Not according to the data that was posted by whoever it was..

I would suspect its more a question of 'target market'..options deliberately left undisclosed one one model so that a generic PCB and boiler can be sold at a higher price as 'suitable for zoning'on another, plus the fact that the average dipstick plumber and customer are bound to f*ck up anything more complex.

'Dumbing down'

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Does it specifically say that you can do that in the installation instructions?

Reply to
Andy Hall

Possible.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Rather more than you, it would appear.

Reply to
Andy Hall

Look at the terminals. It would mean some experimentation to see if this worked by making and closing links. It doesn't say and the commercial people don't say you can break a sensor wire to sent a controller one way or the other, but it works and was commonly done. I have used relays to switch in and out two temperature sensors.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Matt, you are a madman!!!

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

Please explain how a 'three contact relay' can be connected to 'all three wires in and out'

I assume you mean a 3 *pole* relay. With a 240 volt coil if it is to be operated by 'end switches'.

Such a relay is available from Maplin but will cost rather more than 5 quid including base.

But be aware such devices are designed for power use and may not work reliably at signal levels. The correct relays for this will be hermetically sealed and almost certainly not available with a 230 volt coil.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

You are a plantpot.

Reply to
Doctor Drivel

So yet again you're happy giving out false information? Certainly proves the lie that you know anything about control systems. Most wouldn't trust you to wire a plug.

Reply to
Dave Plowman (News)

So the answer to my specific question is that you don't actually know. I agree with you that one can switch analogue sensors around and achieve certain results. Doing the same where digital signaling is involved may or may not achieve the equivalent.

Does shorting out the USB socket in your PC convince it that there is or isn't a mouse plugged in? Of course not.

Reply to
Andy Hall

I know when open the burner is on 24/7.

Reply to