My daughter is looking for upholstery assistance

My daughter has taken on the project of restoring an old armchair without any experience. She's had it down to the frame and is replacing springs, webbing, framing, etc.

There are various problems inevitably that she is coming across and she is looking for a forum of some sort where there are knowledgeable people to assist with obscure questions - but has failed to find one. Has anyone got any ideas of such a discussion group ?

Thanks Rob

Reply to
robgraham

How about this one

are some very good forums and web sites for all sorts of arts and crafts in the USA, it's worth doing some persistent googling. There are also lots of helpful videos on YouTube and I'm sure there will be some for upholstery techniques.

No harm posting here either. I'm assuming she's looked for evening classes?

Reply to
Newshound

Apologies for this one, but a couple of things in this message gave me a chuckle. Firstly when I read the sub line I was going to ask if this was personal upholstery or for some kind of furniture.. I know its my filthy mind... then there is this unexperienced chair, and I just wondered what sort of experience a chair needs? Sorry, must be in the water or something.. Brian

Reply to
Brian Gaff

Well spotted, Brian - certainly no offence taken, and I'm sure my daughter will laugh at it too. She is of the athletic type so is rather seriously lacking personal upholstery !

Rob

Reply to
robgraham