Must be a conspiracy

Trying to replicate a discontinued power block. It isn't enough that the output cord is only available from Australia (seemingly). Now I find that the RS transformer kits are also discontinued. Don't people make things anymore? How do I produce 11V & 32V ac, grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Reply to
brass monkey

What's the cord? And what currents? Possibly by overwinding on a cheap stock toroidal transformer (eg from Rapid or CPC) or paying someone (eg Louth transformers) to make you one. Or even by sending me £15 + post for a 50VA transformer kit plus buying the necessary wire for the secondaries elsewhere.

Reply to
Martin Crossley

You fail to say what you need it for. In many cases 12v ac will work fine, or 12v ac via a pair of diodes.

32v ac: 15-0-15s arent exactly rare

Most ac apps are fairly tolerant voltage wise, filament lamps being the main exception.

NT

Reply to
NT

And what currents?