Music streaming from TV etc

I have a pair of homeplug ethernet adapters which feed both my amplifier and tv box,

The source of the music is on my nas server, and it is streamed down to my tv box and also to my amplifier.

From reading some of the replies I have had it looks like I'll be needing a usb wireless transmitter. The reason I want a wireless speaker is so that it can be used in another room where the wired speakers don't reach.

Reply to
BobH

A bit steep that!

Reply to
BobH

Sadly forgot to mention that you would need an amplifier to drive the remote speakers or active speakers.

Haven't yet worked out if you are trying to move your main speakers or add another remote set.

JR seems to be on the money.

Cheers

Dave R

Reply to
David

I am wanting to stop the audio coming out of the wired speakers from my amp, so that it will comer out to a wireless speaker. That's the bottom line

Reply to
BobH

With as I pointed out a completely diferrent arbitrary delay compared top the picture.

I think you are SO stupid you haven't even cottoned on to the real problem yet.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

certainly is on mine

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

Thats what Sonos got all the money for, being expensive but less ludicrously priced than other multi room systems.

Syncing in multiple rooms , what the CA can now do cheaply but only from a digitised source.

Not entirely sure you have...

Reply to
Adam Aglionby

If the signals is in a room which doesn't have a picture, you dont need to synch anyway.

If the sound is from off air TV, its not 'on the network already' anyway.

It its in the room with the TV, whether the source is a server or off air it MUST pass through the TV decoder to get picture/sound synch.

Reply to
The Natural Philosopher

You think that's bad, you should see some of the Meridian Sooloos kit ;-)

Reply to
John Rumm

What I am perhaps missing is why you want a wireless speaker for the TV

- since presumably if you are listening in another room, you won't be able to see the TV anyway?

Reply to
John Rumm

A picture on a TV in another room where you can't see it?

Yup I can see that will be a *real* problem...

Are you depriving a village of an idiot somewhere?

Reply to
John Rumm

In which case, forget about the TV box and the amp. All you need is something that can stream from the nas, and drive a (pair of) speaker(s)

(either an active speakers, or normal ones via an amp).

A raspberry pi or similar will take care of the streaming.

That seems to be over complicating it.

Reply to
John Rumm

I managed it semi accidentally using stuff I already had but it might give some ideas. I already had a set of wireless head phones ,in my case Sennheiser the present version being listed as the RS120 which are RF and not infra red like some others. Phillips also make a set which are cheaper.

I also had a SKY Gnome set which was a short lived add on to sky receivers which let you use them for radio output . This had fallen into disuse but while playing with it I found that the frequencies it worked on were the same has the headphones. So I now use the headphones transmitter unit and the speaker part of the Sky gnome , in fact sometimes I use the headphones and the missus is simultaneously listening to the gnome speaker in the greenhouse, it has rechargeable batteries so is nice and portable. There are redundant preset buttons on it but the on/off volume and channel selection controls can still be used. Gnome sets can be found on ebay for low cost but there may be other wireless speakers that work on the the channels a wireless headphone trasmitter works on.

G.Harman

Reply to
damduck-egg

Hmm... "Re: Music streaming from TV etc"

Not the clearest subject line then...

Tim

Reply to
Tim+

I want to use a wireless speaker in another room, and not move my main speakers at all. I don't know where that came from!

Reply to
BobH

It's not for the TV at all, just for music as per the title of the thread.

Reply to
BobH

Fair comment, but I should have been a bit more clearer. I have plexmedia on an smart samsung tv, and currently the music only plays out through the wired speakers.

Reply to
BobH

Yes it would seem that I need a wireless transmitter now. For bluetooth, I have a bluetooth transmitter and it is plugged into my amplifier by a phono socket, so a wireless transmitter plugged into the same amplifier by a usb socket would or should solve the problem

Reply to
BobH

To an extent, the whole TV / wired speakers bit is a bit of a red herring really. ISTM that you just want to be able to stream stuff from your nas, to a room in your house. The fact that your TV can do this in another room has nothing to do with it really - its just clouding the actual requirements.

Reply to
John Rumm